Do casinos make money?

Apparently no. A customer hit the pot and the casino won't give him the money claiming that it was a machine malfunction. Should the customer sue the casino.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Sue? Are you kidding? That's racketeering --they need to be reported to the police.

Sometimes a win will 'break the bank' but the casino owes the winner 100% of what was won. Even if the machine was broken, because machine maintenance is the responsibility of the owners, not the players.

The only sure way to win when gambling is to be the casino.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Yes, he should sue.

And yes, they make buttloads.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I use to work at the local race track and casino....the money that came in and out of that place was mind boggling....so yes, they make LOTS of money.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 12:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• i would. if i paly a machine and i get a jackpot that means i won. hand it over..lol..i would tell them eaither give me what i won or i will file court papers..a casino dosent want that in the papers or news it could bring down bussiness. i see it as ok me and dh spent 1,000 playing here not to mention almost 400.00 for a room in this place for 2 days.. i hit the big one your giving it up and paying me what i won. ..if its u dont let them win.. stand up for ur self and get your pay day..yes its all in fun but they advertise jackpot....10,000. .
    Anonymous

• As for suing.....sure he can sue but I don't think he will win....if it's like around here the track has a lot of people in their pockets.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 12:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Apparently not!*** typo op
    Anonymous

• Is the sky blue? It makes me laugh, me and hubby went the other night I have never seen so many old people and "trashy" poor looking people in my life, but they all complain they can't pay for their meds and are on Pa/disability but tons of people have no problem throwing money away at the slots.

Anonymous

• Anony :57, I know that there are a lot of shiny, reflective surfaces in casinos, but surely you realize that you and your husband do not qualify as "tons" of people.
    Anonymous