Don't they worry?

I've heard a lot of women saying that they didn't want to have sex while pregnant. If the doctor said it's not safe, then I can understand. Myself, I wanted it more than usual, & it's my understanding that its generally considered safe-

Not that you SHOULD ever stray, but don't any of the women and decide to abstain during that time worry their husbands will get it elsewhere?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I think if you have to worry about your husband or So straying then you shouldnt be having a baby with them or be with them at all!!!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 12:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• i wouldnt think so, i think that if the wife is pregnant and not comfortable with that then he would respect that and not search else where for it, there are other things other than sex that you can do too, to keep him interested if you are worried, that seems silly, if he would go off somewhere else because of that then maybe he isnt the greatest guy to be having a baby with, guys have needs but so do women and if you are having a baby then you must be an adult and that would be a very childish decision, she wont gimme any stomp stomp fine then I am off to find someone who will while you are bearing my child!!!
    Anonymous

• No,If it came down to that, I'd just give him a blow job every night...no woman can do it better for him than me! lol.
    Anonymous

• Sex or no sex...my husband isn't going anywhere.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 1:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• The relationship should be about more than sex. If one partner isnt comfortable going there, they shouldnt feel pressured to do so. That being said, there are other ways to get that release without sex if you really need to take care of that.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Sex during pregnancy is safe, it absolutely does not cause miscarriage, or anything else.

If the only reason a husband isn't cheating is because he's 'getting enough' from his wife, their marital problems are deep and wide. Take a look at John Gottman's research-based work about marriage for a much better understanding why 'straying' is one of the last warning symptoms of a very bad marriage.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• OP- I know that guys with low sex drives exist, but I can't picture self gratification being enough for 9 months.
    and to ANON 12:57 ROCK ON WOMAN!
    Anonymous

• I can guarantee that if for whatever reason I was unable to be intimate with my DH during a pregnancy that he would not stray. He knows if I could I would and he can gratify himself for a little while if it is necessary.
    Anonymous

• OP- "he would respect that and not search else where for it" - of course that's what they SHOULD do, I completely agree. I'm talking about what so many are likely to do-
    sometimes it falls into the lap of a guy with not a lot of will power.
    Anonymous

• I don't think that ANYONE should blame the woman if she goes on a dry spell, for her husband straying. Come to think of it, vice-versa! If two people love eachother, they would save ALL of that sexual energy just for that one person. If they have to masturbate for a while, then so be it! That's what it's there for! It is not her fault if he cheats, nor is it his if she cheats.
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2010