would it be unprofessional if i brought my son to my office so i could work

Its my own business but I have clients in and out.
the layout of my office is the Main sector is there for guests, its pretty big and spacious, then my actual desk is in a seperate room/office
should I just move my desk to the main waiting area and have it kind of secluded so my son can have a play room. He's only one. My sister is going to babysit during this time, but I dont know if I should make the whole office/room into a play room or not.

Help Please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i dont think so at all, i think its great and if its yours then its even better, isnt that the upside of that part. My husband does real estate and brings the kids sometimes and his co workers love it, they get to see the kids grow up!
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 1:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• it is your business, you can run it as you see fit, but I find it unprofessional to have children in a workplace
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• As a mother I find it pretty nice. It is your business and you make the rules. I would consider this though are your clients parents, it they are they may understand. Is your son going to allow you to deal with a client while he just plays.
    now can you tell me.. how old is your son?
    what type of business do you run?
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I think its awesome that you have your own business and you have that choice to bring your child in with you! No, I don't think its unproffessional, especially when you'll have someone there caring for him anyway.
    I've brought my son to work with me several times and I've taught him how to do some things and he's learned a lot from the experience (this is from the time he was about 5,he's 10 now).
    If your worried about clients/customers, most should understand,it might lighten the mood and make people smile..who doesnt just love a bubbly adorable 1 year old? :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• If I was a client and I saw kids running around (well, not really) but you get the idea, I would think you would be too busy minding your kid and not paying attention to my account.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 1:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Why kind of business?
    Anonymous

• I find kids in the workplace quite delightful, if they're being appropriately supervised. I'm not sure how we came to the place in time where there are special places for different age groups, but I find it completely odd.

Around here, Asian restaurants tend to have the whole family there the whole time... work and life are all continuous in their lives. They grow up with much more realistic ideas about what the world of work is going to look like than kids who are only around teachers and daycare workers all day...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Children bring happiness to any place. I don't see the problem if I were your client.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 1:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Awww i would love to be able to do that..have my baby and work...im a SAHM but if i had to work i would love to take him along. I say take him who cares what it looks like,its your business after all.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I think it depends on what type of business, when i worked in an office on rare occasions my son would come to the office after school, I had a office with a door so I could close the door and go out to the reception area to deal with anyone who came in but it wasnt the type of business that would do well with having children there all day especially a one year old.

My DD is 5 and I along with a friend plan to open a store, My DD will be there with me but its a childrens store so the environment is perfect for having my DD at work with me. Another lady I know has her own store and has had her DD with her in the store since she was a newborn.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2010