Am I being childish?

Not sure if Im being inmature or what. My best friend and I go out and we always meet people...male and female. They get our numbers. Well they will call her or text her but wont respond if I call or text. It is starting to bother me and hurt my feelings. Am I just being childish or would this hurt your feelings or bother you any?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• you are upset because strangers won't return your phone calls?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• This sounds like something a 16 year old would whine about. So, yes, you're being childish.
    Anonymous

• that happened to me so i totally understand how you feel, i think sometimes people tend to be harder on themselves or read to much into it. i got a text message from one of the gals my friend and i met together saying lets meet up at the park for a play date and i showed up and she was like oh i thought you were your other friend i got you guys confused I was like oh thanks, of course i didnt say it out loud but i was like ouch
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 1:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• No matter how old you are rejection hurts all peple.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Yes, you are being childish.

Unless of course you are a teenager........ I say that because, why would it bother a grown, mature woman, that total strangers won't return her calls/text........... Really. Think about that a second.. You are feeling bad about yourself (let's be honest, that's what this really is.. You feel bad about "you".. Your wondering what's she got that you don't have.. why don't they want to call you back...ect..ect.)... Why would a stranger not returning a call make you feel bad about yourself? Don't you think that you personally are above needing strangers to call/text in order to make you feel like you are something/someone? Do you really need strangers contacting you for personal affirmation,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• you are not being childish- I think that it's ok to feel how you feel. Childish or not, it's best to be honest with feelings at least to yourself.
    and even if you were being childish, so what? is there a judge and jury on these matters? Don't think the childish police are going to come along and take you away :)-just swallowing your feelings is childish.

It would bother the heck out of me too, & it wouldn't matter to me if it was childish or not.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Not only are you being childish, you are being irresponsible. You are a parent now and you should never give your phone number out to complete strangers in bars and such. There are way too many wierdos out there and you don't want to leave your children motherless because you gave your phone number to them.
    momoftwins240

Answer by momoftwins240 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• If you suspect you're being childish, you're probably right. That's nice. I've found that people like being right.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• BUSYLOVINGHIM is correct.
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2010