Are you ever bored?

I am a SAHM and kids are now grown and cant seem to fill my time. I am finding that I am bored most of the time. Chores done by 10 then what? UGH what do you do all day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I haven't been bored in years.

Go volunteer at the local hospice, or the pediatric cancer ward, if you can't think of anything else to do. Because two days of that and I assure you, you can find something else to do.

Boredom is good for people --it gives them the drive to make changes in their lives, creates curiosity and the urge to get up and do something. Plant a garden, read a book, volunteer, bake something, introduce yourself to a neighbour, go for a walk, rearrange your spices, learn a new language, take apart a car, replumb the spare bathroom...

You have permission. Do what you want.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• About 16 hours out of the day I am bored to death, the other 8 hours, I'm asleep.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Yep, bored right now. Thank goodness for the fun games on FB.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• my kids are still home 1 and 3 yrs old, and they're asleep right now. I am dying of boredom.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• try scrabooking,takes about 2-3 hours per page.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My son is 3 & am pregnant with #2. I should say 'no'... I'm never bored. But the truth is I have NO motivation to do ANYTHING that I need to do. I think I have cabin feever... my husband has our only running car at the moment and he works an hour away so I am in the house (with my son who I adore!) ALL day - 60-80 hours a week. And with 'morning sickness' I don't feel like doing much of anything!!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I'm never bored but get sick of the same thing every day. Wake up, take care of son, work, and do class work. I get so sick of it after a while.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Noo my babies keep me on my toes LOL
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2010