16 weeks preggo and feeling nauseaus, dizzy, headache and exhausted!

I haven't had any morning sickness for a week. My son is getting over a cold (congestion and diahrrea) and my husband now has it. Neither were throwing up and I have none of the symptoms as they do. I know I need to add more protein to my diet, but any type of meat makes me sick! I only drink water, on occasion watered down juice, and I drink it ALL day, so I don't think I'm dehydrated. But I don't know whats going on.... I feel just horrible!!!

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's called being pregnant. That's just how it goes. You can find protein in foods other than meat. Like bananas, cheese, yogurt, etc.
    Anonymous

• Have your Iron checked. Low iron can cause fatigue. Are you taking a pre-natal? Even if you are you may need a little extra iron in your diet. I would call the doc.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 1:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Sounds like the normal discomforts of pregnancy to me. Morning sickness can come and go. Mine stopped at week 10 and then cam back at week 12. :(
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I had my iron checked, its fine. I am taking prenatals but I did miss yesterday, but I doubt one day will make a difference. the problem is that yesterday it hit me really hard. WE had a touch night with my son, he kept us up for 2 hours, but we also did get to sleep in. But I was doing house work and all of a sudden I felt really dizzy and overheated, I couldn't even stand!!! I was nauseaus etc. My husband was really worried, but as the day progressed I started feeling better. I didn't drink much water that morning so I was thinking it was dehydration. I started drinking a lot of water and i did feel a little better. I also went to my doctor yesterday for a rash (that turned out to be excema) but I never mentioned the dizziness etc because I thought I knew what it was, now I'm not so sure.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• yeah, it doesn't feel normal to me :(
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I think that nausea and the headaches (which I didn't know was a symptom till this baby-- I had a headache for a MONTH, with it only fading when I slept, but back full force within a few hours of me waking up! It just went away last week, and now I'm just getting them occasionally) are normal because of hormonal changes, and obviously you're going to be more tired as you progress and get bigger, but I would be concerned about the dizziness, and if any of the other stuff was extreme. It might be worth a call or visit to your dr just to see what he thinks might be causing it. Only you know if what your feeling is worse than just normal pregnancy symptoms.
    Bensmommy611

Answer by Bensmommy611 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• You need more sleep than usual. So sleep more. You're building a whole person in there, it's exhausting.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2010