Everytime i eat or drink, anything! I go into a fit of coughing...is there a reason? a solution?

I am getting over a cold and my coughing is fine if I don't swallow anything, my throat does not hurt and I hate the couching because it's so aggressive that I slightly pee my pants, so I have to wear pads.
What can I do other then see a DR.....any home remedies or foods to saty away from would be good.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Health

• You should really go see a doctor about it. It sounds like you are getting food and liquids into your lungs. There is a name for it and I can not for the life of me think of it right at this moment...I know it will come to me..its on the tip of my tongue,lol.
    Anonymous

• 59 anon back: lol..I knew it would come to me, its called aspirating.
    Anonymous

• It could be GERD. Google it and read up on it and see if that could be the problem.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2010