sore throat, i doubt its strep throat, and im in pain. help!

i posted something earlier but got no real help. I have a PAINFUL sore throat and have for the last 3 days. There is no puss or blisters, it is just red. I DO NOT have a temperature, its actually low if anything, and strep comes hand in hand with a fever. I'm mucousy and am just sore. I can't get into the doctor for a week or so cuz they are booked solid... what can I do?

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Health

• Gargle with warm salty water (I can't do this it makes me puke). Drink some hot tea with honey. Try Honey-Herb Ricola cough/throat drops. Sounds like you might have post-nasal drip that is causing the sore throat.
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 1:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Make a syrup with equal parts honey (anti-bacterial and soothing) and cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory)

Answer by rkoloms at 4:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2010