Did this guy cross the line?

Hi, so my husband come home from the office, I suggest we go out to dinner w/our 2 Toddler girls and Invite his friend to join us for dinner. We r there, they start talking regarding the business (my hubby is his BOSS and friend) I began to feel ignored so I try to steer the conversation off of business to include the kids and I , after all it was a Family and friend dinner! This guy shows my husband a picture on his cell ph, directly to his face so I wont c it. I could c it reflecting on the window. It was a picture of topless woman, her back was showing , waering sexy lingerie. I'm pettite & short, my belly is jelly from having two 9 1/2 lib babys, I no longer feel sexy , this guy knew how I felt about my looks, even if I was a sexy looking drop dead beautiful woman I still in my heart belive this guy was unappropriate to show my man a real womans picture (a friends wife picture) somebody they know! 2 B CONTINUED!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• YES HE DID AND SO DID YOUR HUSBAND FOR ALLOWING HIM TO GET AWAY W/SUCH DISGRACEFUL SELFISH ACT!!
    NEED I SAY MORE? NOT!!!
    PowerfulMOM

Answer by PowerfulMOM at 1:39 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• First if your man didn't call him out on being wrong for doing that in front of you and your kids he should be ashamed of himself for treating you like that. Second yes he crossed the line don't let that perv in your house or around your kids. What a rude douche.
    skribe

Answer by skribe at 2:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Its a guy thing! Thats what they do! Get over it!
    Anonymous

• Continued here! So first they ignore uf w/business talk, then the guy shows my husband a alomost nude picture of a woman they know. I'm the kind of person who has let my slef be a door mat, when people hurt me I simply walk away but this time in my gutt I felt it was wrong for this guy to first showing unappropriate pictures to my husband, second: in my childrens and my presence.
    My husband saw the picture I saw his face looking at the picture so casually as if this guy does this often, oh well it hurt sme but theres nothing I can do about that but it really got me angry that he did it in our presence, mine and my little girls. It was my idea to invete this man and he does this to me. My husband did NOT stand up for me, he kept saying I was crazy and making a big deal in front of him, THAT HURT ME EVEN MORE! I was hoping he would put a stop the the guy at least b/c we were there but no, I was made to look like the bad guy!
    Anonymous

• He was totally wrong and disrespectful of you. Your husband should have called him for that and told him to cut it out.
    momoftwins240

Answer by momoftwins240 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I will show this to my husband , I'll send it to him as an e-mail, so please ladys help me out even if I wont like the answer I need to know if this guy really crossed the line in my and my childrens presece of I really made a "huge deal"?
    This happend a while ago and I still battle this w/my husband b/c I feel it was just plain wrong! I know yes men will be men but at that moment it was totally unappropriate. I belive this goes on often but what can I do (nothing) I hope for my husband find me sexy and attractive but THE TRUTH IS I'M NOT. WHO DID WRONG THE GUY OR ME? PLEASE HELP , He is mostly right but I need to show him that sometimes he can be wrong too!!!
    Anonymous

• That's what they do is SUCH bullshit.  My husband would never disrespect me like that and he would tell anyone about themselves who tried that shit.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 2:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• both... well, all. your DH should've at least said not in the presence of his wife and kids (or just at the very first time- told him that he didnt want to see those pics)... the friend was wrong for showing him that in front of his wife (boys will be boys)... and you were wrong b/c if your DH is with you, then he finds you attractive. you gave him TWO BEAUTIFUL babies! no picture will ever amount to that. you gave him a home, you gave him children, you gave him your life (not like living life, but being commited to HIM and no one else).

we- as women- ALWAYS see the bad in us-- the ugly and bad parts of us. the men that we are with, they are blind to all that- they see the beauty in us, the things that it seems like WE are blind to. look at how much you've done and be proud of who you are and what you look like-- without that "jelly belly"-- those two girls wont be here.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 3:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• FACE IT LADY, YOU MADE THE CHOICE FOR THIS JERK TO BE YOUR HUSBAND AND THE FATHER OF YOUR CHILDREN NOW SUCK IT UP! IT IS NO ONES FAULT BUT YOURS TO PICK A WHEENIE MAN...
    GOOD BLOODY LUCK TO YOU! I FEEL FOR YOU LADY!
    Anonymous

• This is you being 'hurt' by things that have nothing to do with you.

Is it gracious for you to direct the conversation? More gracious than it is for them to? Why, because you have a preference that is... outnumbered?

Are you so feeble that you can't stand up to the existence of healthy, fit women in lingerie? They exist 100% of the time, even if you prefer not to think of them. Men (and women) like to look at them, because they're attractive and feeling attracted feels good! You are trying not only to shame this guy for enjoying being attracted to socially-appropriate things (she's not 7, right?) AND because it's all about you, and you don't fit that mold?

So, you feel unattractive? How do you treat people who are not attractive to you in conversation?

Consider the possibility that 100% of this had absolutely nothing to do with you. Because you're just not that important in his head. I promise he's not thinking of you.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2010