all the SAHM's please respond

so me and my best friend of 14 years got into a huge fight about me "not having a job" and i told her im a sahm and i work at a gym as a babysitter bringing in my baby and she had the fucking nerve to tell me "its not a real job unless you get paid" WHAT A BITCH!!!!!!!! so all the sahm's out in cafeworld is being a parent a full time job or what?!?!?!?!?!?!

saraelf

Asked by saraelf at 2:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Of course it is. I stayed at home with mine for the first ten years of her life. She was my job.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Yes being a parent is a full time job!! I take care of me and my Dh's two babies :) It is a full time job.
    And a real one at that.
    "Raising"

Jeez. My DH goes out and works, while I tend to the kids. Ignore your bestie, shes probably jealous
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• That is just how some people look at it, I know that my friends who do work have respect for me and my choice to stay home. They tell me all the time how lucky i am and they also tell me that they are amazed that i can do it all with how busy i am. True friends know exactly what your day is like and they dont make nasty comments about it.

Next time tell her you get paid in hugs and kisses.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Much more than a full time job, our jobs has no hours and it never ends!

Answer by older at 2:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I abhor women that have this attitude towards those of us that can afford to stay home with our children or as they get older for our children. Most of them are jealous and this is their way of expressing that jealousy.
    We choose to not go on expensive vacations, not to over extend our credit, not to have the newest cars every 2 years, not to live in a big house,etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I don't call it a "job". It's my life. I am raising my kids and caring for our family home. I do think it's a very valid way for a woman to spend her day. There is no greater "job" , if you want to call it that, than raising our kids.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I'm a working mom and I will tell you...OF COURSE IT'S A JOB. Anytone who tells you differently is an IDIOT.

ANYTHING you choose as a vocation is a JOB. Doesn't matter whether you get paid. Being a nun is a job too...and nuns don't get paid.

If you want to keep this friendship, don't discuss the subject. Change it when she brings it up.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• ok, why does your 'best friend' even care? that's what I never understand!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• It's the hardest and most important job in the world. We're raising future adults to be functional, civil, and responsible. I agree with other comments - those other moms who give us grief are jealous or have deep seeded feelings of guilt. I feel sorry for them.
    Anonymous

• i really dont know why she cared to start the fight. i invited her out on a sunday to a bar just to have a drink and she said " i have a real job. i have to work tommorow". i do to i wake up at 7 take care of my son and drive to my babysitting job at 8 for 4 hours. so i work too. hell it never stopped her before from going out all weekend drinking and kissing every boy she meets.
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 2:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2010