When do you start going to the doctor twice a month?

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your doctor will give you a schedule of all the doctor's visits you should have while pregnant. Most experts suggest you see your doctor:

about once each month for weeks 4 through 28

twice a month for weeks 28 through 36

weekly for weeks 36 to birth

If you are older than 35 or your pregnancy is high risk, you'll probably see your doctor more often.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• varies place to place. my providers, i don't ever go every 2 weeks. for the first 36 weeks, you go every 4 to 6 weeks, then you go weekly after that.
    Anonymous

• i started going every 2 weeks when i was 26 weeks, but it all depends on your OB and if you are at risk for anything.
    Anonymous

• I started going every 2 weeks when I was 28 weeks I believe, and then I started having symptoms of toxmia and now I have to go weekly, I'm 32 weeks. It depends on your doctor , I didn't go every two weeks with my first until I was 32 weeks, and then when I was 36 weeks they made me go weekly... but like I said it varies pregnancy to pregnancy, and doctor to doctor.
    skylarsmommy24

Answer by skylarsmommy24 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I'm 31 weeks and I still see my doctor once a month. (I have no complications and didn't with my previous pregnancy.)
    ohsowonderful

Answer by ohsowonderful at 11:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I am 28 weeks and my doctor scheduled my next appointment for 2 weeks from now. Some offices do it starting at 28 weeks and some don't do it at all.
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 10:51 AM on Mar. 31, 2010