girl scouts.. why can't moms go on field trips with their kid on field trips if its a small troop.. ??

my child is 7.. in girl scouts

maiahlynn

Asked by maiahlynn at 2:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter's troop has 2 leaders and will usually take 1 volunteer. I guess they don't want too many extra people.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Because it is ran by control freaks.
    Anonymous

• Mostly because in a group dynamic is stops Leaders from being able to keep them just on the edge of terror to control their behaviour.

Become a Leader if you want to be involved --it's why 90% of Leaders are Leaders.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I have no idea, but I wouldn't let my daughter go somewhere, where I am not welcome to join if I wanted to, somehow I do not like the sound of that.

Answer by older at 2:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Back when I was in it, they wanted ALL the parents they could get to go to help with the kids!
    Anonymous

• the troop my child goes to always takes one mom same mom every time because she has a big van to help transport..
    they complain my kid doesn't listen, but won't let me go to help make sure shes good.. I have a van to.. why can't I help trans port sometimes?? the leaders say its policy not to bring more moms..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I was a troop leader about 5 years ago when my daughter was in 1st-3rd grade and the parents were always welcome to go. I had 12 girls in my troop.
    prettybaby1

Answer by prettybaby1 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• as a leader i will tell you there is no policy against volunteers going along. now what you can do is call your local girl scout council and regester as a volunteer you have to pay 12 dollars then they have no excuse because you would be covered by girl scout insurance and all on the trips.
    Now from the other side. I do not like to have to many adults along. the kids do not really get a girl scout exerience if mama is always there as gs we are fostering independance and leadership and the girl tend to hand on mom if she is there. the other mom involved may be the assistant leader. there should be one.if you are really unhappy about it then find a new troo for your daughter
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 2:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• If they were complaining about my kid but won't let me go to help, then I would conclude that is because they wanted me to pull my kid out and that is their way of forcing the situation.
    Anonymous

• Because it is ran by control freaks.

I agree

They are also irresponsible. I had my daughter in Girl Scouts at the age of 7. I ended up suing them because of irresponsible leaders! She is no longer a leader, my child is dead and I will never ever have my child in Girl Scouts....take her out and put her in Cheer leading or something else....jmo
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 3:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2010