Should we try to potty train our 10 month old?

She is walking and has a hug vocabulary already. She has within the last week started telling us poo poo when she has done it. It isn't every time she does but pretty close to it. She also is very interested in the bathroom and wants to go in with anyone who goes in. When someone says "potty" she walks to the door until she is allowed to go in. I know it is early, but she has done everything early, ( rolling over at 2 weeks, crawling at 3 months, walking at 8.5 months.) and I dont want to discourage her from this.

sammiismommy

Asked by sammiismommy at 2:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would buy her a potty chair and let her sit on it. It certainly cannot hurt to let her try.
    Anonymous

• if she is interested then go for it
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 2:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• my now 5yr was potty trained at 11 months. I would go for it and see how it goes, just don't be pushy about it, let her lead you on how fast and ready she is.
    Ray_Lynn4

Answer by Ray_Lynn4 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Children are not physically able to control their bladders until after they've been walking for at least 6 months. Just because your kid knows they're wet or dirty (a newborn knows when they are, really) doesn't mean they are physically ready to potty train.
    Anonymous

• Read up on elimination communication; there are several groups on CafeMom that can help you out.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I see no problem with letting her go when she wants to go. That's what I do with my son. He's been peeing on the potty since he was 15mo old, we have one in the living room for him and any time he wants he can go. I haven't "trained" him, I call it potty learning lol I'm going to PT him now though, he's 18mo and he's starting to stay dry at night.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 5:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• heck ya if shes ready then do it, If it doesnt work then wait, lol less diapers for you!! LUCKY!!
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2010