WAY TMI question about my lady parts - HELP!

My left labia is swollen, red, and very painful. I noticed it was sore during foreplay/intercourse yesterday, and afterwards it hurt BAD and it is now quite swollen and painful. I just noticed I also have a tender and swollen lymph gland in my left groin area. I know I should see a doctor, but has anyody experienced this before? What did you do about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Health

• OP here - I should also add I am married and both DH and I have had only one sexual partner.
    Anonymous

• You need to call your dr right away. Swollen lymphs indicate a bad infection.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• You could have a yeast infection cause mine swells up from the irratation.
    Anonymous

• It could be something as simple as a really deeply in-grown hair that is infected. Especially since it's only on one side.

Soak in a hot salt water bath. Call your doc. Drink plenty of fluids to flush your system. Hot compresses with salt water may help too. After soaking it, feel around for a hard lump in the skin that might be a hair.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2010