Have YOU watched any of the shows on cartoon network?

Another question about tv got me thinking about this. All of the shows on the cartoon network, which you would assume is for children are completely inappropriate. They use disguisting language and the content is terrible- and we wonder where our kids get it from!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes it's the tv shows...not the parents at all..no parents can do no wrong, it's the tv shows that the parents can easily turn off. *rolls eyes*
    Anonymous

• Dont watch cartoon network...i dont like grody cartoons..Sponge bob is a grod as I get.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 3:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Exactly Anon 3:23.....

Anonymous

• (OP) not blaming tv for anything, just wondering if parents are fully aware of what their children are watching. Many parents assume that it's a station geared towards children.
    Anonymous

• ummm don't you think it's your responsibility as a parent to preview shows yourself and judge if they are inappropriate. i'm not trying to be rude but you know what they say about those who assume. you can't blame tv shows for problems with their kids...it's the parents who didn't turn the shows off
    Anonymous

• Yes, My son and I both watch Metalocolypse, Home Movies, Robot Chicken, Squidbillies, Boondocks..and everything else on Adult Swim. We also watch Anime on there as well as Ed, Edd and Eddy...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Yes I have. To call ALL of their shows inappropriate is a little farfetched. While many aren't appropriate for younger children, there are quite a few my 8.5 year old enjoys. There is only one tv they have access to, and if they're watching tv, I'm watching it with my kids.

Bakugan, Pokemon, Misadventures of Flapjack, Johnny Test? All fine for my kids.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Which cartoons are you talking about? If it's the ones on late at night, those aren't for children anyway.
    Anonymous

• I don't like cartoon network unless it's Tom and Jerry or the flinstones. Those were my faves.
    Anonymous

• And...It does say " Adult Swim is intended for mature audiences only" "All kids out of the water". So, you are warned.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2010