Anyone using a Retinol A cream?

My dermatologist is recommending one for superficial lines and blackheads. Just want to hear your experience with it..Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Did she recommend a name of a product? I have been searching for one. My doctor has a medical spa and the skin specialists there swear by it but I can't afford their products. They said to just buy anything with Ret. A in it but there are so many products for skin out there. I can't read the ingredients of them all.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• OP here... The brand name is called Renova. I've been searching the web and I hear a lot of great things..but I'd like some personal answers before I try it. Cost is another thing. 75.00 for Renova's 20 gram tube. There is a generic tretinoin thats only 40.00. I have spent more on snake oil, so if it works I'll get it. From what I have been gathering the tretinoin is stronger and you may have to use it every other night or every 3rd night until you get use to it.

Anonymous

• Been using it for years, I like it. Not renova but another brand.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I use 1% tretinoin. I get it from an online pharmacy in India(did lots of checking before I ordered to make sure it was a legit, safe site). I pay $6 a tube and $20 shipping(so I order a couple of tubes along with my generic Latisse for $12.50 a bottle!).

It's rough. You have to deal with a lot of flaking, but it's easily buffed off with a washcloth. Then there's the redness, but makeup helps with that.

I've been using it about six months. My incredibly huge, blackhead infested pores are almost 100% clear and reduced. The fine lines are just not starting to smooth(it takes a bout a year for results).

All things concidered I'd never stop using it. The results are worth the bad stuff.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 4:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• OP here... desert diva..I'll deal with the redness if it helps with the blackheads..the skin on my nose is just permanently clogged. I've tried everything. If its prescribed for acne there is good chance my insurance will cover it.

Anonymous

• Beauticontrol has a product, Regeneration Overnight Retinol Recovery System, 1 oz 45$. You use this product at night after washing your face. You may also want to try Microdermabrasion. I have used their products and have had excellant results.
    BCSpaBella

Answer by BCSpaBella at 10:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Ladies, you HAVE to check out these product. All new and developed by the Dr's who created Proactiv. 4 regimens: Anti-Age (fine lines and wrinkles), REVERSE (sun damage and brown spots), UnBlemish (acne and scaring), Soothe (Sensitive skin and redness). http://AllAgesSkincare.myrandf.com. Amazing...immediate results with a 60 day empty bottle 100% guarantee. 

KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:36 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Yes. I have used one since I was in my 20s. You have to be sure to get one with sunscreen in it or put one on over the retinol. It has healed up skin problems I have had for a long time.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 5:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2010