Do you?

The majority of the post in here always seem to focus on the negative aspects of relationships (not complaining just an observation) so here are my questions....

Do you have an awesome relationship?

How long have you been together?

What is one piece of advice you would give to a struggling couple?

anetrnlov

Asked by anetrnlov at 4:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it seems negative because why would a person not "suffering" problems in a relationship post anything? They are too happy to need to mention anything....

But I will answer your questions:
    No, I don't have an "awesome" relationship - I am fairly content though, but not really happy enough to want to remain together "forever".
    We have been together 7 years - married 2 of them.
    I would advise to not have children until 30+ and to analyze WHY they need to get married, if applicable. (I don't think marriage is necessary) OR to at least get couples pre-marriage counseling before marriage, for a period of 3 or more months. AND to continue counseling when or if problems in the relationship arise. (Be sure to find a great therapist....there are more bad ones than good ones)
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Yes we have an awesome relationship.
    Been together 20 years married 16.
    And my one piece of advice is to stick it out through the hard times. (I don't mean abuse or cheating)

We had a funny conversation the other day about all the times we could have left each other and didn't. It was strange but funny. I think people just give up too quickly these days.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 4:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• We have been together for 7 years. We are very much in love and happy. I think throughout the years our love has really grown. We have learned to be a good couple and put effort into our marriage. I think that a lot of women think that their hubby is going to be perfect right away. Marriage is give and take and a lot of the time we end up giving more. Be willing to put in the effort.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Do you have an awesome relationship? yes we do! But we also have our bad days.

How long have you been together? 10 1/2 years

Well one thing I have learned is agree to disagree. If you are arguing and it gets heated someone needs to walk away so the both of you can calm down and cool off.

Love unconditionally

rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 4:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My hubs and I have been together 21years, married for almost 19 of them. . Communication and listening to each other is very important. Marriage is a give and take sometimes you may have to make compromises.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Do you have an awesome relationship? right now I wouldn't call it awesome, but overall it's pretty good- has it's moments.

How long have you been together?almost 13 years.

What is one piece of advice you would give to a struggling couple? Laugh all you can!
    Anonymous

• I have an awesome relationship. We have been together for 25 years and 23 of those married.

Find things to do together but also do things just for yourself. Realize that you can not change him. No marriage is perfect and sometimes it takes team work. Realize that he and yourself are human and sometimes we make mistakes. Sometimes those mistakes are boundaries and every successful relationship needs them. Above all else have a sense of humor and laugh together as much as possible.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• speak firmly about what you want and carry a big whip!
    Anonymous

• Awesome? No. Interesting? Yes. Boring? No. Stressful? At times.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My DH is very awesome. He's a pester pants some times but still awesome.

Most people seem to struggle because they don't know what they want so they have huge communication problems. A true partnership is one where you can ask or be heard about anything. If we have an issue that needs addressing, we just discuss it. No battle required.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2010