SAHMs, do you feel like you have to answer to your dh when he gets home?

Sometimes I feel like I need to explain what I did that day, or explain why the house isn't super clean when dh gets home. He doesn't act that way really, but I just worry about it, yk?

Do you feel like you need to "report" to your dh what you did and did not do that day? (cleaning the house, taking care of the kids, that type of stuff.) Or can you have a "lazy" day and not feel too guilty about it (after a night of baby waking up all night and such).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• LOL, ya right.
    Anonymous

• I used to.....then one day my kindergartner came home from school and said, "Mommy your house is a MESS! WHAT were you DOING all day????" I told my husband if he EVER said another word to me I would cock punt him so hard he'd be able to give himself a BJ. He hasn't said a word to me about the house since.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 4:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• nope I dont have to explain anything to him.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 4:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• No, when he gets home it's my time for a break.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 4:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• i dont feel that way at all, when we all sit down to eat we usually talk about our day, I think your husband will understand if you had a rough day and just needed to focus on other things than what needs to be done around the house. everyone needs a break sometimes ya know, i am on here right now instead of doing the dishes, everyone is allowed to have a little relax time without feeling guilty. don't worry so much!!! you are doing fine, take some deep breaths. Maybe just wait until he asks you about your day.
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 4:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I don't feel OBLIGATED to do this, I just do to share my day. He does the same.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 4:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• not really,im so happy he is home i ask him right away how his day was.He calls me during the day to ask what we are up to and usually lol of what we are doing,he talks to our little boy or takes care of bussiness if he is not listenning.If im sick as a dog he already knows he will find a picked up house and thats about it, so no i dont feel this way.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I told my husband if he EVER said another word to me I would cock punt him so hard he'd be able to give himself a BJ.
    ----
    Best line ever!.

No. If there is something messy that he doesn't like, he knows he is free to clean it himself. Usually my house is in pretty good shape but just because I stay home, it doesn't absolve him of anything.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 4:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• sometimes when SO gets home I'll apologize for the messy living room or not doing the dishes....but he doesnt care, he just wants to relax from a long day at work. The mess I speak of is my sons toys which are all over the living room. Even if I hired a maid that mess would end up all over the place lol so I've learned to excuse that mess. And as for the dishes, I end up cleaning them before the day ends anyways..I just prefer the house to look really good by the time SO gets home from work. But i'm only human.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• NOPE! He knows I spend most winter days in my PJ's all day and I first spend time and take care of my little ones. The dishes, laundry, dusting can all wait they won't be little for long. Plus he had to work and take care of our son when our daughter was born because she was 10 weeks early and had to stay in the NICU for 32 days and I was in a fog and couldn't do anything other than play with my son...but my husband is awesome and he is always fed and we always have clean food and dishes :-)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 4:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2010