My step son is 8 years old and still wets the bed, any solutions?

Teeny83

Asked by Teeny83 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Dont make fun of him and don't spank him over it.
    Anonymous

• Has a doctor ruled out a physical issue?

Answer by rkoloms at 4:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Buy him "goodnights" and wait for him to outgrow it. Period. Of course mention it to the Dr. and rule out any problems, but a certain % of the population simply do not outgrow this until later.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Put down a rubber mat or some sort of pad to protect the mattress. It could be nerves. It could be a small bladder. Don't make a big deal over it. My grandson finally stopped by the time he was nine.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• We have used goodnights before. We purchased a new bed for him this fall and he said he would try his best not to have accidents. I have a mattress cover. I am just annoyed becuase no matter how many times I was his PJ's they still smell like pee. We have taken him to the DR before and they told us to feed him food that starts with P. Like pears, peaches, peas, and so on.
    Teeny83

Answer by Teeny83 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Take him for a check up. It may be as simple as he sleeps too soundly and they can give him medicine that will help. However, not to alarm you, but my brother did this,and wound up with Juvenile Diabetes at 11...the doc said bed wetting late can be an indicator of this. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:14 AM on Apr. 1, 2010