can I ask again?

It seems as if happy joke hour occurred while I was gone.

Have any of you ever left faith? Denied God and then want to get right with him? How did you go back?

If you weren't in this situation how or what advice would you give to this person?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Had a dear and precious friend go through this... I walked with her, remained her friend and was a faithful friend. I personally would let them know that no matter what choices they make, Father God still loves them and will be waiting for their return.

I did walk away for 8 months but it was more like I was in the middle I still knew God loved me but I was sick of the hypocritical attitudes of christians who say they were one but acted like the world. I did return to Jesus and my walk is so much better now because I found out the depth of His love for me and that He taught me to love others and let Him handle their heart toward Him.
    I still shake my head at times but remember how much they are loved. I would never tell them they are a bad person but just on a path to finding who they really are in Jesus ! My friend returned to Christ and is doing amazingly well.... sadly last Spring she chose to end our friendship.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Go speak with a rabbi

Answer by rkoloms at 4:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I would say just go back. IF the church body isn't excited that you are back for HIm, go to another church. Find a good fit. God will take you back and forgive you. All churches and denominations vary in beliefs, so BE PICKY if need be. Find what fits and is taught based on the bible, not what THEY choose to believe.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I was in this situation. So I studied every thing I could about different religions and chose where my heart belonged. Yes it was happy joke hour. Sorry if that interrupted this question. When it started it was dead, and then the posters liked the jokes so I kept posting. I hope you find where you belong and great peace. GOOD LUCK
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I would tell that person to go back and remember why he/she came in the first place. Sometimes we have to stir up our minds and remember where we were and what made us come out of sin in the first place. I beleive that every Christian goes through this and has to come to their own conclusion why they follow Christ and if they are willing to make living for Jesus lifestyle and not just a fad.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I would tell them to get away while they can. The christian slave-master is particularly hard on backsliders.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 6:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I have left the church, but I never denied GOD.
    He will always take you back, He is right where you left him.

witchqueen,

I feel sorry for you, you are so angry and so filled with hate :(

I will keep you in my prayers ♥♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 8:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Have any of you ever left faith? >>>> yes, I grew up Christian, I'm now a Spiritual Atheist.

Denied God and then want to get right with him? >>> I didn't deny anyone, I just don't believe. No offense, but to me it was like waking up one morning and realizing you don't believe in the Easter bunny or tooth fairy anymore.

How did you go back?>> I didn't.

If you weren't in this situation how or what advice would you give to this person>>> to keep searching, and researching as many religions and theories as possible, and find one that you believe in.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:59 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I rebelled and went my own way from my preteen years until my late twenties. I went through a time of researching some other relgions.Attemtped to align myself with one of them before losing heart and giving up on religion and spirituality completely. After the birth of my first daughter and the death of my grandfather I began to feel a hunger in the spirit and a desire to heed it. I turned again to Christ, but it would be nearly another two years until I would be born again.The events of a 6 year period that nearly drove me to a nervous break down first drove me to my knees.I found that belief is quite different than being born again! The difference is relationship with God that results in living a life where you are seeking His will before your own, waiting on His leading. Abiding in His word and communion through prayer.Perhaps I missed the other question so I'm not sure how I would give advice, not sure about the situation
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:19 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• SissyAnn141-- witchqueen,I feel sorry for you, you are so angry and so filled with hate :( I will keep you in my prayers ♥♥♥♥♥

I feel sorry for you too, honey.  As a former god-slave of 30 years I know the frustration and anger you must feel when god doesn't seem to hear your prayers, or doesn't keep the promises he gave in the bible.  I will light my altar candles and dance naked in the woods for you!  Magickal blessings!!

witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2010