Scared...>> Help PLease

I took miralax last night for my constipation issue im having and now im haveing very very painful tummy pain it feels exactly like the flu sharp pains that come and go. This is my 2nd pregnancy so i know its not contractions but wondering if miralax did this or what?any suggestions....By the way i toojk the miralax yesterday and still no BM

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had been having the same problem and started taking Benefiber in my water...and had horrible stomach pains for the days that I took it. The day after I stopped, the pains stopped. I haven't taken anything else for the constipation since & my bm's have been inconsistent (not having one every day). But not as bad as before (went at least 6 days with no BM).

Perhaps you should try intake of fiber in more natural ways? Cereal, bread, grains, nuts, etc....
    Anonymous

• Oh and yes, I am also pregnant and the pains felt like contractions (kinda) to me too, but I knew they weren't....
    Anonymous

• Miralax can cause cramping. If I were in your shoes, I'd do a plain water enema right away and get that stuff out. You may have hard stool blocking you up and now you have added bulk from the Miralax. The enema will handle this in 5 minutes.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Oh my goodness....use liquid magnesium. I recommend the natural Floridix brand. It's all natural, it works and NO CRAMPING!!
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• confirm with your doc that it's ok though...
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2010