I know Im old school but I really dont understand some of you sahms

I have been a sahm for 16 yrs... and yes it gets soooo much easier when all the kid-os are in school. But why is it I keep seeing ladies say that the kid comes first so I dont have to clean??

I agree that the child should come first... but unless you have a speical needs child or a complete brat. What prevents you from doing both? Really, it isnt that hard to do both. I even made games out of cleaning and grocery shopping. We learned colors, letters, reading, etc. through these games. We cleaned, made beds, vaccumed, dusted, etc. We learned the fruits, veggies, prices, adding, etc at the market.

What is up with these ladies that are too busy with the kids to clean, cook, etc???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• whats it any of your business if someone rather spend time with their child then to clean?
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I'm with you. I've been a SAHM for 9 years, and I think its an excuse to be lazy. You have entire days where tons of stuff can get done, including playing with the kids and seeing to their needs. I also think some are trying to justify being 'just' a SAHM by making the job of mothering a child seem much more complicated than it needs to be.
    Anonymous

• I just dont understand all the man bashing that comes along with it. It is kind of a multi layered problem that crops up in different context in these questions and answers.

Mommy5409 YOU are 100% correct.... it really doesnt effect me in any way at all.  I just simply would love to understand why people think that it is so hard to do both, then bitch at their man.

Just a question.

OP

Anonymous

• first comes loving and quality time then....
    comes cleanning and cooking,im more worried about enjoying my kid than keeping a spotless house.The thing is i get both done everyday but if i had to pick between one i would pick him.Either way who cares right i get it done,I don't use my kid as an excuse.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I have to agree with you on that.. I am a SAHM to 7.5 mo old twins and I still find time to clean the kitchen and vacuum the living room everyday. then I clean one extra room a day.. bathroom on Monday, my bedroom on Tues. laundry on Wednesday, there room on Thursday, high chairs are pulled apart and cleaned and mop kitchen Friday, Saturday and Sunday I just clean the living room and kitchen.. it takes he about 30-45 minuteseach day to clean my house and i do that why they are asleep. I have to vacuum everyday because I am scared of them getting a little piece of something I didn't know was on the floor and choking

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 4:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My house is always clean, though it may not always be tidy (especially until after the kids go to bed). My kids always have clean clothes to wear but rarely is every last sock in this house ever washed and put away at the same time. I cook a healthy dinner almost every night of week, but sometime I do order a pizza. We do fun things, we do fun projects and my oldest has his own chores. Why don't I strive to be June Cleaver, the way my mother did?? Because she was stressed 24/7 and she has told me repeatedly that she wasted too much of her life worrying about the things that didn't really matter.
    So, if not being a nervous neurotic mess of mother makes me a bad mom in your eyes, by all means judge away. Maybe you are only feeling pangs of regret from your own past shortcomings.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 4:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• i don't think they are too busy, i think they are just lazy. i've been a sahm for 6 years now, and i'm 24, i get my house clean, make every meal from scratch, pack my SO's lunches for him, take kids too and from school (2 different schools at 2 different times), and still have a 2 year old with me all day, AND i go to school 5 hours a day, and i still have LOTS of time with my children, we play, we learn, and go do activities as a family. i think the whole, 'oh, i just don't have time to clean' is laziness, they are too busy sitting on cafemom and watching soaps all day and before they know it, time has slipped away...thats just my opinion, i'm a little old school though.
    Anonymous

• Well i think in the past parents didn't know how much a small child could learn, so if you read a book or two and played with blocks for 20 minutes talking about colors, you figured you'd had enough time with your child. Now parents work with their children from dawn to dusk. But again, it's everyone own home and they can decide how much time to spend cleaning and how much time to spend raising their children
    mouse1085

Answer by mouse1085 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• If you know you're doing a decent enough job at keeping your house clean and your kids happy, this doesn't really apply to you. It's the moms who bitch about their lives as a sahm that are annoying.
    Anonymous

• "they" dont seem to want to answer.
    Anonymous