Was Morality create by religion or is morality part be being human?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Morality does not come from religion.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Morality was created by society to differentiate between right and wrong. This has very little to do with religion.
    Anonymous

• Morality is part of the social contract. We needed rules for how to live together in a way that would promote the continued of existence of enough offspring to continue the tribe. As the tribe got bigger and changed, different things were defined as moral and immoral.

We're now at the point where we don't need to enforce constant reproduction of everyone in order for humanity to survive, so morality has changed to allow for things previously seen as sexually immoral.
    Anonymous

• The only thing created by religion is bloodshed and division.
    Anonymous

• Morals are not created by religion. It is something that is taught and then nurtured by some of what you believe in life whether Christianity, or whatever you choose to believe in. I am a christian and yes my morals are shaped by that but much of it was taught by my mother and family.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Morality is the edification of societal norms.
    Anonymous

• so morality has changed to allow for things previously seen as sexually immoral.

I do not personally agree with this at all......my morals have not changed especially in the area of sexually immorality. I yet have my basic family beliefs and christian beliefs on this topic.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Morality is a necessary part of the social structure for humans... it is part of relationships, community, and interactions. That is independent of religion.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 4:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• There are many reasons for "morality" (and ethics, and just plain goodness) outside of religion.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 4:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Morality is being human.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2010