2 times a week stress test?

I went to my 32 week appointment today (i have to go every week for monitoring blood presure, and urine because of signs of toxmia) And my doctor said that starting next week (or after that appointment) I'll have to go two times a week to do stress test.. I know I should've asked her what that meant, and how that was done but I didn't. Anyone know what she meant?

skylarsmommy24

Asked by skylarsmommy24 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When I did them, they strapped a monitor to my tummy. When the baby kicked I tapped a button, they were monitoring the heart rate of the baby and when I hit the button it made a mark on the heartbeat monitor printout. They were checking to make sure that when the baby moved, the heart rate when up; when he/she was at rest, the heart rate came back down - which is normally the way things are supposed to work. They wanted to see so many movements within a certain time frame also - I think it was like 30 minutes and then if they hadn't seen enough movement they let it go for another 30.

Answer by missanc at 4:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• So it's pretty much routine?This is my second baby, and they didn't do it for my first so It kind of scared me.
    skylarsmommy24

Answer by skylarsmommy24 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I had gestational diabetes with my second pregnancy and I also had to go in twice a week for non stress tests. Don't let it scare you, they just want to make sure they don't miss anything. It always made me feel better when I got to sit there for 30 minutes or so and hear my baby's heartbeat.
    Anonymous