Is it just me?

Whenever I get upset about something, it seems like my husband just wants me to not be upset, like he'll try to cheer me up the moment I get upset. I know it sounds strange, but I just need time to be upset for a while first. Why does this bother me so much that he does this? Maybe I just need more women in my life to vent to, because women know how to listen to eachother.

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Men.... specially the good ones.... are "fixers". They want to make life good for the people they love. He wants to make it better and if he cant he doesnt want you upset. Just let him know, that you understand his frustration but sometimes you just need to cry. I have been married almost 20 yrs and it took hubby a while to understand that sometimes I just need to cry, vent, etc. He now asks "do you need me to help or do you just need to do this?"
    Anonymous

• Guys are made to fix whats broken,and girls are made to listen.He means well and so do we.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• It's how men think, they don't understand how to communicate with women. When you come to then with a problem they tell you how to solve it....it's just the way the operate. Just understand that if he's trying to fix it, or you, and cheer you up that is the equivalent of your females friends saying "I understand, I feel your pain."
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 4:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• LOL Slinkee and I ansered the same time along the same lines.
    High five to Slinkee.
    Anonymous

• I do this to my husband so opposite of you-when he's upset I try to make it better and mainly just because of my personality-I don't like to argue or fight but this is the part of me that bugs my husband the most, I don't let him be mad.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Thank you for being understanding, ladies!
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I understand- my husband did the same thing at first, so I told him I needed time to feel how I felt and started going off to be alone. He got used to it and understood in time.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Like everyone else said, good men are fixers...they forever want to rescue the damsel in distress...he's just doing what comes to him, naturally.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 5:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Maybe it makes him upset to see someone he loves upset and he doesnt like seeing you upset! I wish my husband was like this if i get upset or cry he will tell me to quit acting like a fin baby:(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Mar. 31, 2010