Do you smoke cigarettes?do you smoke around your kids? if not where do you go?

I do smoke i have a shirt that i wear for when i go smoke outside and i change into the shirt i was wearing before i went outside to smoke..i usually smoke on the patio..never in the house or car

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 4:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have recently quit smoking but when I did smoke we did not smoke in the house. It was always outside. The only time to smoke in the car is with the windows all the way down. but i never smoked with the girls in the car just when i was alone. Im proud to say my DF is also trying to quit. :)
    mom_on_strike

Answer by mom_on_strike at 7:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Nope never have. I live in San Diego and it is very very very rare to see anyone smoke. Our laws are very strict.

Anonymous

• I smoke, but only outside or in the laundry room (it's built on with a door that shuts and another door to the outside) I open the outside door if I smoke in the laundry room.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 4:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I appreciate that you wear a separate shirt. My cousin came to visit.... lousy visit.... she was actually in my home when she slept and when she ate. The rest of the time she was on the patio because she couldnt stop smoking long enough to sit in my house and visit. ((yes, I did go out side and sit a bit a way from her to chat)) The last day she sat on my couch for just a second or two.... that spot STUNK.... I guess it was good she never came in the house for that chat.

Anonymous

• Only when I am out with my friends so like 4 times a year. lol. and never around the kids.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I smoke maybe 4 cigarettes a day. IT is never in the house or car. Always outside. I don't take it as far as changing my shirt tho. I hate when I see people smoking around their kids and esp. in the car with all the windows up!! Poor babies :(

rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 5:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I have one or two cigarettes a month when I go out with a friend. My daughter is asleep while I'm doing that, so I usually take a shower when I get home, so I don't stink. I would never, ever smoke around her. I won't even smoke (or let anyone else) in our car when she isn't in it.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 5:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I work in a bar and I smoke while I'm there, I NEVER smoke around DS, he's never seen me smoke, ever. If I'm out with friends I'll smoke but when I'm home I don't. I don't need to, I only crave them if I'm around other people who smoke.
    Anonymous

• I smoke 5 cigarettes a day. I go out in the garage (with the garage door open of course) I could go out the patio but I don't want my kids to follow me out there (they're not allowed in the garage, ever) so they don't see it and I don't want them to know I do it.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 10:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I do smoke. I do not smoke in front of my kids or in fact anyone else that knows me. I smoke outside our house or in my car.
    Dena26036

Answer by Dena26036 at 11:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2010