Little girls' wedding attire?

We are attending a wedding this April, and the only dresses my daughters (ages 5 and 7) have that are dressy enough -- that fit them -- are burgundy colored. They are super sweet party dresses that they haven't had a chance to wear even once yet. My concern is that they are too dark for little girls to wear to a spring wedding - they are more "winter holiday" colored, even though one is short sleeved and the other is 3/4 sleeves.

What is the etiquette for this? I'm wondering if we don't need to get them more "springtime" dressy dresses. I'm pretty sure the other little girls will all be wearing mint and pink, etc. What would you do?

Collinsky

Asked by Collinsky at 4:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Is the bride a close friend or relative? Maybe you could get a hold of her and ask her, of course like Braden's mama send...you might be able to find some stuff fairly cheap.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• It should be just perfect.

The one thing I always made sure of was that my girls had dresses that twrilled well. There is so much danceing at a wedding and little girls LOVE to twrill!
    Anonymous

• I'm the type that would go out and find new pretty springy dresses. You can find some pretty cheap that are cute. That's just my opinion.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Are there really fashion police for little girls? Seriously?

Let them wear the dresses, it'll be fine.
    DDDaysh

Answer by DDDaysh at 10:47 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• They should be fine, but if you want to get springy-er dresses, just wait until after Easter, all those pretty ones that are put out go on sale.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Mar. 31, 2010