What is your most inspirational bible verse that helps you model behavior Jesus would be proud of

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Without faith it is impossible to please the Lord.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• James 1:19 --

"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath."
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• John 15
    9"Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love.

10"If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

11"These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Matthew 22:37-40 (NIV) Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all of your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. (38)This is the first and greatest commandment. (39) And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' (40) All the Law and the prophets hang on these two commandments."
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 7:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• 1st Colossians 3:12 - 15:
    12Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• There are several:

"Keep on loving each other as brothers. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it." ~ Hebrews 13:1-2 (NIV)

But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. ~ Luke 6:35

"A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." ~ Proverbs 11:25 (NIV)

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality. ~ Romans 12:9-13
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 11:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• "Be still and know that I am God" is a Bible verse I carry with me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Mar. 31, 2010