do any moms use coupons every time you grocery shop?

i am goingto start using coupons ever grocery trip..because we just spend too much money when these coupons could save us tons!! i clippedthem from my sunday paper and added it up and WOW! alot of money saved. so my question is do you tell the cashier you're using coupons before the begin checkout, or do you just givethem to them after they finish checking you out?

mywonderyears

Asked by mywonderyears at 5:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• No. Most of we eat if fresh fruits and veggies...natural/organic....stuff you almost never see coupons for.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 5:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I always use coupons, but only if it is products that I buy anyway or if it will bring the cost down to $1 or less. I use primarily $1 off & my store doubles it. I hand the cashier all coupons,bottle slips, & store card at beginning. I also use my own bags which my store give me back 5 cents per bag.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I use coupons, but not as much as I need to be. I'm planning on working around that with local coupons from the grocery stores I shop at, combined with their sale ads and coupons from the Sunday paper. I get inspired by the moms who manage to buy $200 worth of groceries for $10. It's a lot of work but the challenge is appealing to me.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Yes, i use coupons EVERY time I go shopping--for ALL stores--not just grocery stores! :o) The key to using coupons is:

1.) Know your prices--sometimes a "sale" price isn't REALLY a good sale price! Check the ounces/pounds/quantity against a larger or smaller size of the same item, and the "per unit" price (listed on where the price tag is).

2.) Only use coupons on items you USUALLY buy, or as a special treat on things you don't normally buy.

3.) Sign up for your grocery store's FREE "savings card" Many times stores give coupon-less discounts, but you need your store card to be able to take advantage of the deal--keep it on your key chain so you always have it with you.

We save on average about $3000 per year for a family of four! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I use coupons every time but not every coupon. I shop grocery store ads and I usually have a different list for different stores. This is actually what saves me the MOST money.

Dealseekingmom.com is the BEST site I've come across for where the best places are to use certain coupons. I use it every day. If you take advantage of coupons you print off at home you'll have even bigger savings. And don't be tempted to use all of them. If its on my grocery list but the quality equivilant store brand is cheaper I'm getting the store brand and tossing the coupon.

You just have to use money wisdom. :)

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• And I give the coupons to the cashier at the end.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I use coupons every trip and I also use the ones that are downloaded to my club card. I trade with other people on coupon trains, its is great because I make a list of the products i use and so do they and we only send what the other person is in need of. Dont stop at the sunday paper look online for printables, buy ALL YOU magazine they have tons and sign up for your favorite brands websites. Try using vocalpoint.com and http://www.afullcup.com/register/?referrerid=84695 those are my go to sites. cellfire.com, shortcuts.com both work with many sotre loyalty cards.

Learn to watch yuor sales, save your ads and after 4 weeks look at the trends of which products go on sale and how often, using coupons is easy but if you are willing to put a little more time into it it can save you HUGE amounts of money.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 6:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• i use coupons almost everytime i shop. and belong to all the stores save cards, or whatever ya wanna call them..when i hand in my coupons, i put them with the actual product..like today i had a coupon for buy 3 soups, save .50...so i put the soups on the coutner, and put the coupon on top of them...bought a bottle of febreze air freshner, and i put the coupon underneath thebottle...as a cashier myself, i find it easier when ppl do that, so that you dont have to sort thru all the coupons at the beginning or end trying to figure out if what the customer got, matches what the coupon says...ya know?????
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I use them when I have them. I have them in my hand when they start ringing it up. So they know I have them then hand them to them at the end.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I do though sometimes fewer than others. I save $25-$50 on average.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2010