labor begins when......

hey again! im 32wk & for the past week or so, everytime my daughter moves, i feel alot of pressure in my pelvic area. i swear it feels like she is making an early escape! i also have braxton hicks every so often & noticed an increase in discharge (sorry, i know that sounds gross) ive been reading in my "what to expect" book about loosing the mucous plug & signs that labor is around the corner, but im jus curious as to how you all knew labor was close?

mommyw2010

Asked by mommyw2010 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i started cleaning everything the night before
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I had bloody show and minor contractions. I also had a massive increase in mucusy discharge.

What to Expect is a terribly biased book. I would recommend ditching it for something with better information.
    Anonymous

• Pain, in my back and my hips and my vagina area. It felt like someone was pulling my vagina area apart. I cold not lay down because my back hurt to much. I could not sit either. So I could only sit sideways.

Answer by louise2 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My contractions just felt different. They were closer together, and more painful. BH's are just bothersome, but the real thing is painful. I also had some pink discharge, if I remember correctly.
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• What you experiencing is completely normal at this point. I don't think you're at risk for preterm labor so I would worry about that for a few more weeks.
    Anonymous

• Oh, you can lose your mucus plug weeks before you go into labor. So it may be a while, but then again, it may not!
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I've been shedding bits of my mucous plug my whole pregnancy. "Signs" aren't 100%.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I had false labor for 2 weeks before the real labor. It lasted all night long. As soon as the sun came out, everything was gone.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 5:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2010