Have you ever ran out of gas on the road?

I have never, but I saw this man walking on the highway today with a container of gas. His car was nowhere in sight, so he must have had a lot of miles to go. Thankfully I have never been in that avoidable situation. What about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Once so far. I'm just glad I'm a member of AAA.
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 5:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Honestly, No. I hope I never experience that!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• No never. And I never will. I dont understand how someone does that! There's a gauge there to tell you "HEY RUNNING LOW"! And if the excuse is "Oh mine is broken"..well..if you KNOW that you should be keeping track of how many miles you can go before you need to fill up again.
    Anonymous

• My gas gauge doesn't work and my mileage fluctuates, because I've got such an old truck. So I have occasionally run out of gas on the road.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 5:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• SOooo many times! I used to drive an old VW beetle with flowers on it. I ran out of gas at least 4 times in that (at least I lived in a small town). I once ran out of gas in my moms car when I was a new driver, and once in my brother's truck when I was driving him home because he had a DUI. He was a little peeved to have to go to the nearest call box for help. LOL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• yes, once because i was being stupid but i was only about less than half a mile from a gas station and thankfully this kind redneck came along in his old beater and pushed my old beater to the gas station. Thank goodness for kind rednecks.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I would think if he was carrying a gas can he would have had gas in it for backup? But no I have ran out of gas in the gas station parking lot before and some nice fellows helped me push my big ass blazer to a pump Thank god for them I was only like 16.
    mommymandaleigh

Answer by mommymandaleigh at 5:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• One time. I was driving my Husbands big truck. In my car when the gas light comes on you have another 50 miles but when his read Empty I found out it MEANT EMPTY. I was on the interstate and luckily was able to coast a mile to the exit ramp and if the exit ramp had not been going up hill and I swear if the tailgate had been down I probably could have made it to the gas station.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Nooo. My friend in HS ran out of gas 3 times, that he told me about. I laughed SO HARD every time. I'm waiting for that particular karma to come back around. So far, so good.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2010