question about Bible?

i have lots of questions about it... how bout you? .... who wrote it? i heard it was a diff language and someone had to translate it... how do they know they told the truth... if it was told over and over again before it was written how much did it really change... who did adam and eves children mate with to make more children... i have so many more but i will just start with this.
do you believe in it or god? i am not so sure if i do

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 5:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 5:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• The bible is the Inspired Word of God.
    The original language of the OT is Hebrew and of NT Greek
    Adam and Eve 's children mated with each other... bodies were different then they werent yet messed up by sin until further down the generations
    Yes I believe in God
    If you really want to know more go to answersingenesis.org and you will find a lot of answers to your questions.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• ah above poster beat me to it haha
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• inspired means God gave them the words to write. OT is the old testament ( you dont know if this person is familiar with the bible at all )
    teddybear2010

Answer by teddybear2010 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• who wrote it?  MEN

i heard it was a diff language and someone had to translate it...how do they know they told the truth...  THEY DON'T.  AND EACH HAND THAT COPIED/TRANSLATED IT PUT THEIR OWN SPIN ON IT

if it was told over and over again before it was written how much did it really change...A LOT

who did adam and eves children mate with to make more children...SEE NEXT POST

do you believe in it or god? MANY

TREEHUGGINGDIRTWORSHIPER

Anonymous

• Anonymous

• Errors in translation are certainly being found all the time. Scholars now disagree over whether the original Hebrew instructs that "Thou shalt not kill." or "Thou shalt not murder, among many others. Was Mary a "virgin" or merely "a young girl"? The word designating this status was clearly mistranslated. I believe in neither imaginary gods nor books of primative mythology so it doesn't matter to me. You can choose to believe in a god or goddess--there are certainly many to chose from--but it is unwise to take a patchwork of myths and fables such as the bible and accept it as the truth.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 6:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• it was just a question ... no need to get nasty jeeze... i dont go to church so i dont know what people are taught about it today.. i used to but to many things happened and i quit... i appreciate all of your answers especially the ones that were not mean
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 6:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My advice for you is to do some research. I did, and found that the Bible is remarkably accurate even as compared to ancient scrolls! There are minor scribal errors such as words that are repeated twice or a difference in order such as Christ, Jesus and then scribed in other scrolls Jesus, Christ......but the message of the bible remains the same. The bible is also historically accurate and has even revealed historical information that was not well known.You will always have people who will try to tell you the bible is full of contradiction, myths and mistakes but take any of those falsehoods and research it thouroughly......then you will find out otherwise. Satans greatest mission is to mislead people from knowing and believing the truth. The easiest way for him to do that is to get them to question the beautiful truth of the Bible. praying 4 u

Anonymous

• I see no one being "nasty" or "mean" in these posts at all so you might want to read with a different tone. Just people answering said question with their opinions. I'm agnostic/atheist so I don't believe in any gods at this time. My status is open to change given new evidence. I've been told several times over that the bible is a collection of stories and thus I treat it as I would any other book of stories. Men wrote it and it cannot be proven that they were sane. Or that they weren't smoking/drinking/other drugs for that matter. While the bible has some good stories with good messages, I do not believe it was inspired by any god. Have a good evening.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2010