There is a autistic boy in my dd's 4 year old special education preschool class who wears an ankle braclet, any idea what its for?

It looks like a "house arrest" bracelet.

My first guess was that it was an alarm to alert parents if he runs away or get out of the house.

Does anyone know for sure?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 5:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in

• it could be a medical alert bracelet
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• just realized i misspelled everything. lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• It could be a medical alert bracelet, or an "alarm" bracelet in case he's a runner - they're a little difficult to get, but not impossible

Answer by missanc at 5:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• bump above,The runner bracelets are getting far more common now, for kids like this and for elderly dementia , they are great !... Have you met the Mom? She probably wants to be treated like every other Mom, included in conversations, asked how her little boy is doing, just like you would to other "typical| kids Moms. If she is open and friendly, you can always ask her - say that your little girl asked about it and you wanted to give her an honest answer.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• a locator anklet, much like the house arrest ones. It's so that if he does manage to escape (which I'm sure he's done if he's wearing one) the parents can find him.
    Anonymous

• oh I know myheartx4.....My dd has mild autism too ;) She just obviously doesnt have it as severely as this moms child. I plan on asking her on Thursday.

She seems very open....she asked last thursday how my dd was able to attend the school b/c she "looked so normal" ;) I just grinned at her and said...."dont we all" lol.

I just havent had a chance to talk to her...I have to grab up my dd and rush off to pick up my son from school. always runnin! lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• cheers to us Moms with kiddoes on the spectrum !!! My son looks quite typical, til he starts lecturing you on all the design faults of every army tank from the 1920's LOL
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2010