Sooo I thought my video game Q was the worst for the day......then I came across THIS story about 21 babies found in a river in China....

Bodies of 21 babies have been discovered in plastic bags in a river in eastern China and authorities suspect they were dumped there by local hospitals, state media reported Tuesday. Video footage showed that the bodies -- stashed in yellow plastic bags, at least one of which was marked "medical waste" -- included some infants several months old. Some wore identification tags with their mothers' names, birth dates, measurements and weights. The official Xinhua News Agency said there were also fetuses among the bodies.

I am absolutely floored and sickened. Do you think this was probably due to the one child policy? And do you think that limiting the number of children people can have is a good idea?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• That is so sad!
    Anonymous

• it's their form of population control...it goes beyond that too, you need permission from the government to have that one baby and if you haven't been granted permission for that year then even your one child will be killed. it's disgusting and barbaric.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I am not surprised but saddened; the same way I am saddened and disgusted knowing some men in Africa have been told they can get rid of HIV by raping infants (which essentially causes internal injuries so severe they die). Nice world we live in. Education, birth control.
    Anonymous

• that is so sad! How can any parent allow any hospital to throw thei child out like that even if the baby was still born. That is so sad. China has sickening laws when it comes to this. Why should a baby be killed just because their parents didnt get permission or had more then one.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• they don't have a choice and will face serious criminal charges if they try to fight it
    Anonymous

• the parents i'm talking about will face charges
    Anonymous

• That is absolutely disgustiing
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 6:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Makes our country look pretty damn good now doesn't it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• That makes me sick to my stomach.

I know this is a morbid thought but I can't help but ask....Were these babies still alive when they were thrown in the river or were they killed some other way?

Sick either way but I do hope they didn't suffer.
    Anonymous