Have you ever had to wait in a ER for more then 1 hr?

I had a horrible experience, their were a lot of people in so much pain from vomiting blood, from a old man falling off a ladder and fell on his head blood was everywhere! That poor man had to wait 1 1/2 He should had been right in! When I got back to the ER they had only 3 rooms filled and they were already let go and the Doctors were joking and BS talking and laughing while people in the ER were screaming! I will complain about this!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I waited SIX HOURS once. And hour is nothing.
    Anonymous

• Yes. Any time i've had to go to the ER i've had to wait a MINIMUM of 1 hour.
    Anonymous

• ONE? My goodness, we never expect to stay less than 5-6 hours. It's just crazy when they are sitting around doing nothing
    Anonymous

• Yes... I did once when I had glass in my foot (it actually went through and was pushing the skin up on the other side) and blood was getting everywhere... It was a very long and not fun night. I believe that ambulences always get in first, at least where I live.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• An hour is pretty good. I've waited over 2 hours just to be SEEN.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Yes, you end up with a long wait when you go to the Emergency room when you aren't having an actual emergency, plus people there for non-emergencies make the poor people who are having an emergency wait much longer than they should have.

have people not heard of going to the doctor's office during business hours or going to the urgent care if it's not an actual emergency???
    Anonymous

• I have waited long amounts of time. They generally have to do a priority by severity. When I have taken my cousin for shortness of breath he was taken right in.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• If you call the ambulance you get in much quicker... but you have the ambulance fee.

Depending on why you are going in... it might be worth the money to get looked at that much faster.

Anonymous

• I have had a couple of incidents one in "the Zoo" Charity Hospital when I had appendicitis. Wait time 8 hours shooting and stabbing victims are always before the sick. And another at a military hospital with an ectopic pregnancy 2 hours.

You can always file complaints against a hospital, and you should if there is a legitimate reason.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 6:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I waited about 3 hours one time to have some stitches removed. I was told by the ER to come back in 1 week to have them taken out after badly cutting my finger. It wasn't an emergency, but I had to have my baby with me, and she was getting super fussy. In 3 hours, they never even called me up to the desk to find out what I needed. For all they knew, my baby could have been sick. Anyway, I ended up just walking out and took the stitches out myself.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 6:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2010