If you loved where you live, and your parents moved down there to watch their grandchildren grow up, and you were jobless, and then offered a job for 120K salary, would you relocate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• In your situation, I would not move. You love where you live (you couldn't pay me enough to leave AZ to go to PA!) and with your degree, you will have pretty decent job opportunities wherever you go. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Of course. How else does one plan to pay the bills? Maybe in a couple years you can move back.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Immediate family comes first.

Im sure any parent would understand that and want their child to do what is in the best intrest of their family.

EVEN if it means a second move.

Anonymous

• I would go where the job is. Have to pay bills and feed the family.

Answer by louise2 at 6:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• yeah
    Anonymous

• I'd probably take the job and move. Though I'm sure they'd be disappointed, my parents would understand I had bills to pay and a family to support.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I could always move back when the job market got better or keep the home there and commute
    Anonymous

• That depends. In this hypothetical situation, I would be taking a pay cut, but I don't want to live near my parents, so maybe moving would be considered a benefit. If I really loved where I lived and didn't want to leave, I would do my best to find something else. If the job market where I was at sucked and it was all I could find, I would move and hope to return at some later time.
    Anonymous

• ABSOLUTELY!! My parents would even be pissed if I didn't take a JOB which would enable me to once again support my family.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• It also depends on the cost of living where the new job is. $120K sounds like a lot, but we don't know all the factors here. If you think your chances of finding another decent job where you live are good, then I might be tempted to keep looking where I lived if it was possible. If job prospects where you live now have dried up, then it make sense to take the job.
    Anonymous