If you child was born with both female and male genitals, which sex would you chose for them to be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't choose until they were old enough to decide and get the surgery done.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I don't think it's the parents place to choose. I think the child should decide when he/she grows up
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't
    I'd wait and let them tell me when they were older which one they wanted to be
    Anonymous

• Oh my my my........... I guess I would ask for some genetic counselling to see if there were more male or female traits. I would go for a gender neutral name.... and do a ton of praying.

Really until they hit puberty is there any real way to know which direction they will lean.  I would NOT fix their genitals if at all possible.  I would allow them to stay as is until we/he/she knew which way their brain was wired.

Anonymous

• but you have to choose to a degree with clothing, names etc. Which toilet do they go to at school - that sort of thing. - Gosh I don't know. I think they can test the hormones or DNA and give some idea of which way to go now don't they? It would be a nightmare.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I would wait and let the child choose it's sex. As it get older you will be able to tell if it is leaning boy or girl.

Answer by louise2 at 6:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• there would have to be some sort of way to tell which body he/she most resembeled, genes wise or something, dna, however it all works, and i would go with whatever one was more dominant.
    Anonymous

• EVERY thing you fill out for your child asks male or femal.... so Im not sure legally if you have to at least choose a gender on paper.
    Anonymous

• i would wait to see what features she got..meaning male or female features..and then get the surgery done...i say she because i have a daughter
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 6:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I'd guess by school age they'd favor one or the other.As far as how that would go for school bathrooms and gym class,thats a whole other ballpark!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2010