15 month old

When you lil one started daycare did they have a lot of trouble taking a nap? My 15 month old tries to nap but if a baby cries and he hears it he is awake and crying. I work there and I try not to go in and check on him just let him cry it out but after 20 min of crying my friend that owns the in home daycare goes in and gets him to lay back down but again a baby wakes up crying and he is back up. Normally at home he sleeps 2-3 hours for his nap so 20 to 40 min nap is not doing him very good at all. He is in a seperate room with door shut in his play pen from home but still wakes up. Any suggestions? My friend is going to put up her sons crib tomorrow and see if he won't sleep in it better but other than that I don't know what else to do.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 6:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When I worked at a daycare they played soft music durring nap time. It helped drown out the cries if a baby did wake. You could try that and play the same CD at home on the weekends to get him used to it.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 6:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• oh tricky, yes if he is used to a quiet house then this would be hard for him. You can either persevere and he will eventually get used to it, although he will be a very grumpy little guy for a fair while, or look at alternatives for care, Also it might help to change his routine a bit, or if you can be the one to go in and soothe him. The 2-3 hours is not going to happen at daycare , so you might need to put him down for a small nap when you get home (another hr), or get him to have a small nap in the morning and one in the afternoon... he is growing every day and changes to his routine will happen even if you are at home alone.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2010