does anyone have any tips on how to save money at disney world and have a great time with 4 children

btw we will be staying at my mother in laws house so no resort needed thanks ahead of time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Travel

• Disney has something going on where if you volunteer you can get a free day pass- check out their website. Also check out the other parks websites, you can sometimes get discounts for multiple day passes or purchasing ahead of time.
    Anonymous

• I personally wouldnt be caught dead at Disneyworld.... but that is me. There are so many Disneyaholics out there that Im sure you could find some GREAT advice if you googled around. Ideas like packing your own food, water, etc. No souvenirs. Im sure you can hunt on line for ticket deals.  Other than that.... Im not sure what to tell you since you wont have hotel fees.

Anonymous

• Disney is a wonderful place to go in my opinion. I've taken my daughter there twice and would go every year if I could!

One major tip to save money would be to not eat at the Parks. For example, for 4 of us to eat at McDonalds in Animal Kingdom it was $40.00! Of course if you go to any other McDonalds you can feed 4 people for $20.00, half the cost. We would eat breakfast, go to the park in the morning, come home and eat lunch/rest and then go back to the parks in the evening b/c that is when a lot of the fireworks/light shows are anyway. (In fact in Orlando they have Cici's which is a pizza/pasta/salad buffet, all you can eat, that is only $5.00 per person and it's a sit down style restaurant. I highly recommend it).

Souveniers are expensive also and they are way over priced inside the park. You can find many "stripmall" stores within 10 minutes of the park that all sell Disney memorabilia for half the cost.
    Anonymous

• Cont'd from above:

-If needed bring your own stroller. It's allowed and they are terribly expensive to rent and little ones get tired easily b/c it's a lot of walking!
    -They offer face painting, etc. in the park which all kids typically want but it costs $. Instead I bought my daughter Disney temporary tattoos and we "decorated" her cheeks, etc. before we went. Then she felt like all of the other kids she saw and it costs me only a couple of dollars.
    -Most of the parks (Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom especially) have great 3-D shows that are included in the ticket price. There are many of them all over but some are hidden and you wouldn't know what was in the building unless you asked so check out a map and find them. They are fun and a great way to rest and put your feet up for a few!
    -Stock your purse/backpack with lollipops, snacks, treats b/c the kids will ask for them and it'll save you $ to bring your own
    Anonymous

• Here is a great link I found - Have fun!!

http://www.instructables.com/id/Best-FREE-Things-to-do-at-Walt-Disney-World/
    Anonymous

• Get the meal plan. You get 3 meals a day plus 2 snack for everyone in the family, prepaid, and the more people you buy for and the more days you get the bigger a discount you get.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 12:36 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• We just got back, the biggest expense is food, you can carry in your own snacks and water if you want. Take your own stroller! You don't need to pay for one and if you have a small child I don't think they would want to sleep in a hard plastic stroller. If you are going to buy souveniers, limit it to one per person, set a amount and buy towards the end of the day, we got our kids pirate swords for 6.95 and princess dolls for 12.95. Just set a limit on what you will buy, drinks are a big thing, bring your own if you can and at least you will have that in the morning then you can buy later. Check out the disney group on here too.
    Anonymous

• Making sandwiches and having cold drinks in an igloo would help a lot. Just keep them in the car in ice chest. Also, let the kids know a head of time that money is limited.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 5:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2010