Why is my 22mo old suddenly terrified of the bath?

My daughter has always loved bath time. Why is she suddenly screaming and crying we go to give her a bath?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol, idk, but i wanna see what other ppl say. bc my dd is the same way
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 6:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I think it is a phase that they go through. I would do the bath with running water long enough to get her wet and then wash and rinse her. I would turn it off in between to save water.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My oldest went through a phase like this. Bathtime was not fun for a few months. Then, she went back to enjoying them. Now we have a hard time getting her out of the tub. She often takes 2 baths a day.

I can't say why other than it is just a phase. In the meantime, I would do whatever I could to help her enjoy it and not make it a completely miserable experience.
    mupt02

Answer by mupt02 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Yeah they just do that for some bizarre reason. It is a phase.
    midwestmomx3

Answer by midwestmomx3 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My DD will be 2 in a few weeks, and I have never had this problem with her. She loves the water! Has she maybe slipped in the bath tub or something like that?
    Tatumsmommy0123

Answer by Tatumsmommy0123 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Has somebody else watched her and given her a bath? The reason I ask is because my niece went through the same thing. Then we found out that her aunts on her mothers side were holding her down by her shoulders and dumping a full bucket over her head. I don't mean the little things that you can buy to use to help rinse out their hair. I mean an actual full size bucket that you would mop your house with or wash your car with. My brother and I were pissed when we walked in the bathroom when we heard her scheming and we seen these three girls doing this to her.
    Haynes_mommy

Answer by Haynes_mommy at 9:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2010