If you had an offensive sibling that said the N word...

and was just an a$$hole in general, would you still make an effort to hang out and spend time with them?? I am nothing like this, so I hate this behavior...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• it's still a commonly used word in many homes. it will take many generations for it to fade out
    Anonymous

• Nope. When my father or mother use that language, we leave immediately and don't return for a while. It took awhile for them to get the message that we don't speak that way and won't tolerate it in front of our kids. Since we started taking a stand about it, it happens very infrequently now.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• OP here - I really don't care who says it...I hate it. It's just the whole attitude is miserable and hateful.

Anonymous

• Well, as a black person, I don't like the word either. My bro and sis use it sometimes. For example, "I'm gonna kick that n____'s ass", etc. But I still talk to them. They ARE my family.
    Anonymous

• no.
    Anonymous

• No I woudn't. Certain people in my family are direspectful and I refuse to even tolerate it until they say they will try to do better. I don't think you should hang out with a person who chooses to offend you over and over. If it bothers you they should respect you enough to not say it around you at least. If they cannot do that little bit then they're not worthy of being around you in the first place.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 7:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• No. I don't make an effort to be around anyone, family or not, that I don't want to be around.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• No. I'm not aware of anyone in my family that uses that word. I also try to avoid those who choose to use the word retarded as an insult.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My brother uses that word. I hate it. I tell him not to use it in front of my kids. He still does but since I live with my mom I don't have the choice in kicking him out or anything. He calls me one and my kids one. He once had to stick and said it was a n-- beater so I took it away from him and started hitting him with it. When he asked what I was doing I told him beating the n--. I was using the word as it is defined not as it is commonly used as.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 9:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2010