Do you or your kids eat the dyed eggs after they have hid them? How long after?

Do you keep them in the fridge?

Just wondered....my MIL let her other granddaughter eat colored eggs about 3 days after they had been out....

I was SERIOUSLY grossed out by this last year. I have to watch my kids like a hawk around her at Easter b/c my son loves boiled eggs and wants to eat them but I wont let him...I cook new ones for him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Holidays

• well this is what i do we make the eggs put them in the fridge then when its time they get hidden when they are all found they go right back in the firdge and we keep them for a week and yes eat them i make egg salad with them
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 6:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I let my kids, because I know I keep them in the fridge. I reprimanded my mother about making sure hers are in the fridge too.
    So they stay in the fridge until they are hidden and then go back into the fridge as soon as we get back home. Which is about 2 hours after they came out. IMO 2 hours is fine...2 days, not so much.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• lol..my grandpa is like that. every year he makes about a dozen colored eggs and they sit on his table in a basket for like a week and then he expects people to eat them...I used to when I was a kid because I didn't know any better,lol..but thinking back, I guess I never did end up getting sick from it,lol.
    For my kids, we'll make the eggs, stick them in the fridge and display them on Easter in a basket and I end up making deviled eggs out of them for dinner. I hide them plastic eggs, not the real ones,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• We don't use real eggs for the Easter egg hunt...we color the real eggs and they go in the fridge, they become a platter of deviled eggs on Easter...for the egg hunt we use the plastic fillable eggs.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• That just seems icky. We dye them, stick them in the fridge, decorate them the next day, back into the fridge, then placed for the hunt, then back into the fridge.
    Anonymous

• oh no we dont use real eggs for the hunt that is scary. someone used real eggs the year of my oldest sons first hunt and he decided stomping on them was more fun so nope no more real eggs for us. We only use plastic eggs.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 7:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• We use plastic eggs for the egg hunt. On Saturday night the kids and I dye hard boiled eggs, and they go directly into the refrigerator. Then on Easter morning we make devilled eggs out of most of them, and we do put some into a clear glass bowl with colored Easter grass for a centerpiece. We do an 18 pack of eggs, and use 12 of them for devilled and the other 6 for centerpiece. I would not eat them if they have been out over 2 hours. That's just my opinion.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• We use plastic for the hunting and I volunteer to bring deviled eggs to the family get together! That way my kids get to dye TONS and they dont got to waste :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:32 AM on Apr. 1, 2010