When mom is so busy, kids are prone to diseases and accidents. Do you agree with this statement?

As my personal experience, I noticed that my kids got sick everytime I got involved in many activities and mostly at my peak work hour. There my daughter got high fever, my eldest fall in a banana tree while playing with his cousins. My another 7 year old got skin allergy. The moment I attend to each sickness, I have this feeling of guilt of not looking at them once in a while to remind them so they are free from accident and disease free. When my youngest daughter got high fever, I whisphered to her "Oh sorry my little girl, mom is so busy". I don't know, but that is how I feel - inside m heart is the guilty feeling everytime they are in sick and pain.

annaloumercado

Asked by annaloumercado at 6:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Your beating yourself up too much mom. Dont think and worry quite so much! Things happen and no matter how much you attend to them...sometimes a sick bug is gonna get em!
    Anonymous

• sicknesses cant be prevented. the best for u can do for that is just make sure they eat healthy foods and wash their hands... now some accidents like falling can be prevented by keeping an eye on ur kids. but even then, there are times when those cant even be stopped. especailly if ur kids have balance issues like me. no reason to beat urself up over things like that. they will get better.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 7:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I disagree with the statement but I know how the guilty thing goes when it comes to the kids. I always feel so horrible when my oldest wants to read books or play games and I have to tell her no mommy has to study. I am in the nursing program at school and it is killing me to have to take so much time away from my girls. they are young now though so I will have lots of fun time with them as they get older.
    mom_on_strike

Answer by mom_on_strike at 7:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I always say, when it rains- it pours. It never fails that when you have a lot of things going on- they need you. But, they need you all the time. I also find that if I think about it rationally, they need me just as much- I just feel guilty about being busy. :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 7:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• It's purely coincidence. Kids get sick and band themselves up no matter what time schedule mom is on LOL. I know you feel bad your babies are getting sick and getting hurt but that's life. Just take care of them when that stuff happens and stop blaming yourself, there's no use for it.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 9:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2010