Vacation ideas end of July/first of August

My hubby & I are wanting to take a vacation, the first one without kids at home , and are looking for fun ideas. Any suggestions would be welcome! We are from Iowa, so hoping to get away!

robinmac

Asked by robinmac at 7:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Travel

• "SIGH" Oh how I miss vacations,lol.
    My most favorite and memorable was actually a relaxing trip we took to Virginia Beach. They have hotels right on the beach. It was an awesome,romantic,beautiful relaxing time...and I got to see dolphins too(which I thought were sharks like an idiot,haha)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• personally I wouldnt go any where in the mid-west.... I hate humidity.
    how about the west coast?
    Anonymous

• Mexico!! If you like the beach it would be amazing, hubby and I always go that time of year, pretty cheap,,,,if not why not go to Colorado? Cool and pretty, have fun!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• It's rainy season in the carribean so I would go to Spain or the Greek Islands (love Corfu). Or if you want to stay domestic, maybe Nags Head, NC or Bermuda.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 7:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Mexico is soooooo HOT during aug.
    Anonymous

• My friend goes to Jamaica every year for a week and it sounds wonderful. It's only a 3 hr plane ride and the last time the trip for both of them, including airfare cost her only $1500.00. So..depending on how much money you are looking to spend that might be an option.

Otherwise if you're looking to do something in the States I recommend St. Pete Beach, Florida, Hilton Head South Carolina or the Smokey Mountains (Gaitlinburg TN). Those are all great places!
    Anonymous