1st dr. appointment

I'm 6 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child and my first doctors appointment isn't until April 22nd. The nurse told me they like to see you for the first time when you're between 10-12 weeks along. But my SIL and 2 of my friends are pregnant and said they had their first appointment when they were about 7-8 weeks along. I know there's not a lot they can see in there, I just wish I had some reassurance that every thing is okay. I've been really nauseated, and tired. No bleeding, and minimal cramping, so I'm sure things are fine, I just wish I could go to the doctor sooner to be sure. How far along were you when you have your first doctors appointment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• normally u call up say ur preggo then they make a appt to test ur urine to see if you are and do a us to see how far u really are ....but lately my friends that have gotten prego they have told them the same thing ur doc told you.....maybe things have changed
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 7:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• i got in quickly, but that is because i had a miscarriage about a month before. now if ur doc is the only one in his office, then the time they see u for the first appointment tends to be later along. as long as ur not bleeding or excessivly throwing up, u should be fine. good luck. i kno how it feels to wait.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 7:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• sounds like things are fine. why are you worrying so. try and take a few deep breaths and clear your mind. all the doctor can do right now is take a PT and note how you are feeling.

even if they do a U/S they probably will not see anything. if they do they may just see the sac and no baby which will make you worry even more.

they can't hear the heartbeat yet.

so pretty much all the doctor can do it tell you what you want to hear. if you feel like everything is fine i would just go with that. if you feel something is wrong then call them and explain to them how you feel then lay down.

sorry but there is nothing they can do at this stage to say yeah everything is ok.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 7:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• With both of my pregnancies, I was able to get in to see the nurse for a pregnancy test for conformation. My first one I didn't see the doctor until 12 weeks. My second one my appointment was scheduled for 10 weeks, but I started bleeding at 5 weeks so I went to the ER... Long story short, they thought I was miscarrying but then didn't so I had to follow up with my doctor at 8 weeks.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 7:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I was 6 wks with my 1st. I actually found out i was 2 wks with my 2nd. It sounds like you're having a normal pregnancy though. Just because you may be experiencing different things with this one doesn't mean anything except that all pregnancies are different.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 7:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• i was 4 weeks when i first got seen i was suppose to start on the 17 and went in on the 18 of march!! but this is my 3rd but im sure everything is fine and it will FLY by!! good luck and congrats momma!!
    Mommmy_To_3

Answer by Mommmy_To_3 at 8:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• i know i seen my dr when i was 6 weeks 1 days but i also took clomid and i had 2 m/c before this preg so thats why they got me in right away but they dont see people at my drs till 10-12 weeks for the first appointment too so they might had other reason why they were seen and also i beleive its on the dr
    Anonymous