Is it true?

If you don't exercise while pregnant (at least walking) then you'll have a long & hard labor?

I'm 33 weeks now and I don't feel like doing much exercising anymore right now but I'll try if I really have too. I don't do anything heavy or harmful to my baby.

Alizzie_Mom

Asked by Alizzie_Mom at 7:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well i took maternity exersizes at my gym and my birth and labor was so quick that i had her 10 minutes after we got there! it was mostly painless because i had an epidural. and i just reached down after the head and arms were out and sort of like pulled her out haha i know crazy but i thing it helped with flexibility!
    missjamie100

Answer by missjamie100 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I just walked. My labors went fine.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 7:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• NOT TRUE AT ALL .....as long as you walk here and there.......i have two boys first was 8 hours second was 16 and had pitocin with him had natural births with NO PAIN MEDS......the only walking i idid was at the store and around the house and at work which wasnt much.....
    Anonymous

• with my first I didn't do anything, and it wasn't too long.

#2 and #3 I was much more active - #2 labour was the exact same length and pain as the first. #3 I ended up with an induction.

I did however bounce back into my before baby shape a LOT faster with the second and third babies.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Not for me. My first was 10 hours from my water breaking and my second was 2 hours.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 8:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• nah, i didn't exercise much and my labor was 8 hours long, and pain-med-free. i wouldn't consider it an especially hard labor. it was hard, but it was a good birth imo. :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I didn't have pain meds for my 2 either. I think the drugs are what make it last a long time.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 10:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• i dont think so....im a server and waited tables till i was 9 months preg and was in labor for 19 hours before getting a section because i wouldnt dilate past 6.....i thought it would be easy and go fast with me walkin for a few hours 5 days a week...nope soooo not true....lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Mar. 31, 2010