at what age can your babies start eating those cheese puffs by Gerber GRADUATES.

4 months its way to early dont you thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i think it really depends on the kid. as long as they can sit up and pick things up and put it in their mouth, it should be ok. the puffs disolve so they cant really choke on them. give a few to test. if they have issues, then take it away and wait until later.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 7:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• yes 4 months is way to eary.......i just started feeding my son cheese puffs and hes a year......babbies need to learn to chew with soft foods before eating those.....but when you do dont buy the baby ones buy the big bag of cheetoes....also the cheerios buy the box....and the lil weiners buy them not in the baby isle.....you will save a ton of money a lot of the baby stuff can be bought on other isles and save you money.....at 4 months just give your baby formula or breast milk and veggie and fruit i never went to stage one i started at stage 2 gerber there is no difference in thickness just a lil more there
    Anonymous

• Yeah too early. That stuff isn't really all that healthy. If you look at the back of the can, it's got basically no nutritional value. Cheerios would be better.
    Anonymous

• I intro'd the Gerber Puffs at about 5months. I never really bought the cheese puff ones though. As for lady who suggested buying the non-baby versions of these foods, I wouldn't suggest doing that. Yes, it will save you money. But they are way more unhealthy than the baby versions. Compare the ingredients of each product. There are MANY differences, one of the main being the sodium content. Also, Gerber tends to use far far less preservatives than the makers of the non-baby versions of the same product. My kids are 7 and 2 and VERY RARELY give them stuff like that, especially the Vienna sausages.. have you read whats in those? Yuck! I definitely couldn't recommend you give any of those foods to an infant.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 7:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Oh, I meant to add this website..   http://www.gerber.com/Public/Default.aspx     This should help you figure out when the best time to intro that stuff is. You can also learn about nutrition info on there...

Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• It tells you on the outside an age range that Gerber recommends.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 7:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• They never need them. They are a waste of money, not good for the baby, and a choking hazard.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My son tried them around 10 months. He didn't like them at all though, so I stuck with Cheerios!
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• yeah, 4 months is too early. We started them at about 7-8 months, but he always like the yogurt melts and regular cheerios better.

Answer by missanc at 8:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I tried them at 10 months my son loved them, They dont melt in your mouth like the puffs so 4 months is way to early, at that age your suppsed to maybe think about starting cereals not puffs, or other baby foods that come in the jar to start getting them used to other flavors.
    Newmommys101

Answer by Newmommys101 at 1:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2010