I took a home pregnancy test this mornign and it came back positive, went to the doctor today and that one came back negative? Anyone

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Probably because you had first morning urine for the at home test, and when you peed at the doctor's office, you didn't so the hormone concentration wasn't high enough anymore to test positive. Wait a few days, then go back.
    Anonymous

• ditto above. But did they do a blood test?
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I agree. You're probably pregnant. Same thing happened to a friend of mine. You are probably not very far along at all. So....CONGRATS!!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 7:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My blood was drawn after I visited with the Dr. But those results wont be back for a few days. We got pregnant last spring and miscarried around the same time. Husband is skeptical only cause of what we went through emotionally last time. Thank you very much all of you it definitely helps what we thought but wanted other opinions.
    Tbone08

Answer by Tbone08 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• i was prego and then a few days later lost the baby....if i didnt test i would have never known
    Anonymous

• It could have been a false positive. They do happen even if they are rare.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 9:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• They told my friend she was going to miscarry but she is now 7 months pregnant with that baby! I am so sorry for your loss. I had 3 miscarriages before my first son. It is hard but when you finally hold your baby in your arms it's worth all the heartache you went through to get there. Good luck!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 12:49 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• yea...it could be a false positive or you possible could be pg...which in that case you would need to get another blood test
    DisturbedMind20

Answer by DisturbedMind20 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2010