God, predictions, prophecies, and people? what do you think about it

why when a big predictioncomes true from the bible or other source people go crazy about it... but if it doesnt it just gets blown off...
and ..... when they say that the bible makes predictions and other people too it just makes me think that they take text from somewhere wether the bible or elsewhere and make it fit the disaster or proble.... just want to know what you think.... im kinda lost and am trying to open myself up to more possibilities

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 8:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The bible was written several years after Jesus was around so I could predict things that have already happened as well. I think the authors intentionally left out the predicitons that didn't come to pass as well only reporting the things that did. As to thing that have yet to happen, either they are right or they aren't, there's a fifty - fifty chance of it being correct...eventually. Obviously I don't put too much faith into prophets. Too many false ones out there.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Actually the Scrolls were before and after Jesus and the texts in the bible come from there.
    Each person that wrote the bible, such as David, Solomon, Moses ect wrote what they were instructed to write.
    I believe there were prophets and they were accurate. There are some today as well.
    There are also false ones but as a Christian you need to discern between the two and have Faith in God too.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• CM is the last place you should go to for answers about the Bible Why don't you listen to people who have spent most of their lives studying the Bible rather than a bunch of women who know absolutely nothing about the Bible who listen to people who only have their one sided opinion and hypothesis about the Bible if you want answers go to God humble yourself before Him and ask. www.answersingenesis.com is good so is John Macarthur and Charles Stanley Paul Washer men who spend their lives studying the Bible and about it.
    Anonymous

• The Bible, Nostradamus...

...all just flim-flamery postdictions.

You can twist any archaic old text to mean what you want it to mean.
    Anonymous

• The Bible is being misused. It isn't a predictor of the future, nor is it a book that can be used to prove anything. It is a collection of books that belong to the Christian and Jewish community. It is our heritage....It has history, songs, stories, parables, myths legends, etc......and it is about a people and our relationship with our God. Certain people misuse it to scare people, mainly to gain power over them. They use fear tactics to keep people in line, etc......Others are afraid, so they try to find answers in the Bible that don't exist.....God reveals himself best to us through prayer, in my opinion. Read the Bible, yes. Don't let others use it to manipulate you because they are wrong when they do that. God is a God of Love, not a God of Fear......Jesus taught us that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• well the bible is the TRUTH, in revelatiom it tells about all the events that are going on now. For me thats enough evidence.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 8:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• One of my favorite prophecies in the bible is the coming of the messiah, Jesus. He is real. He ressurrected people from death and hey, thats enough for me to believe! lol

I agree that some can go pretty overboard, but the bible does emphazies us to keep alert - 2 Peter 1:19-21 If you are paying attention, then you are paying attention to God and his word. I believe the bible is truth too.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:55 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• 2autisticsmom put it very well. It is easy to write about prophecies having been fulfilled if you are writing hundreds of years AFTER the event has already taken place. How hard is it to predict the birth of Jesus when he's already been dead for 300 or 400 years? And, as nearly as I can tell after having read the bible and the prophecies, none have actually come true after the fact. The Greek Oracle of Delphi had 100% in her prophecies, but when you're putting the ancient past down in a myth you can basically do anything you want with it. Do let me know if you see a seven-headed beast rising out of the ocean with a giant whore on his back. I'd be interested in seeing the Four horsemen of the Apocalypse, too.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:43 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I don't think that the actual, BIBLICAL, predictions don't happen. Either they HAVE happened, or they are yet to come. Some people thought the world would end at certain times, etc, but given that the bible doesn't tell us when, those are false prophesies. So what I am saying is, only if they are actually biblical and not "modern prophesies" are they relevant.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 2, 2010