Am I suppose to be bleeding??

Im 39 weeks and my due date is tomorrow. I went to the doctor on Monday and the Doc checked my cervix's and Im 2 1/2 cm dilated and 50% effaced but I been spotting bright red blood then today its a little darker so I guess its ok now or Im not sure. Im not having any contractions at all so Im guessing she is not going to be on time. I called the doctor and she said Im fine but it makes me nervous because they dont even want to check me.

MommyReRe3

Asked by MommyReRe3 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Because of the increased amount of blood you are carrying and the fact that your cervix is super sensitive right now bleeding does occur when you get checked for dialtion. It happens and it's perfectly normal, but they should have told you to expect it. You're fine.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Maybe it's your bloody show.... after I had that and my mucus plug fell out I was in labor like an hr later
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• i think that mean your little oen wants to come out very soon
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 8:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• THat happened to me after the doctor stretched my membranes (is that the right term?) but didn't tell me!
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2010